Head of factcheck.kz. PhD in Literature theory from Abay Kazakh National Pedagogical University, Doctor degree from University of Dortmund. Previous experience include:
- Since 2015 – MediaNet International Centre for Journalism Public Foundation, director
- Since 2012 – Vlast Internet magazine vlast.kz, editor-in-Chief
- Since 2010 – Media Alliance of Kazakhstan, chairman
- Since 2005 – participated in trainings and master – classes on effective writing, media relations in different regions (Almaty, Ust-Kamenogorsk ), author, trainer
- Since 2005 – journalist investigation, journalist ethics, economic journalism (Almaty, Dushanbe, Kostanai, Astana and etc), program maker, trainer
- Since 2005 – “NGO as media source” trainings (Almaty, Dushanbe, Taraz, Aktau,Atyrau, Aktobe, Ust-Kamenogorsk, Karaganda etc), programme maker, trainer
- Since 2005 – MediaSchool (independent journalism courses under MediaNet International Centre for Journalism Public Foundation), project initiator, “Economic Journalism”, “Analytics”, PR, “Media market of Kazakhstan”, “Material packing” courses developer, trainer
- Since 2005 – Oasis internet-journal (the project of Centre for Extreme journalism, Union of Journalists – Russia), editor in Kazakhstan
- Since 2004 – MediaNet International Centre for Journalism Public Foundation, development Director (since 2009), director (till 2009), head of Media – School (till 2006)
- 2009-2010 – IWPR (Institute of War and Peace reporting), regional editor
- 2004 – „Cursive‟ newspaper, chief editor
- 2004 –”PR-Management” company, managing director
- 1999-2002 – Kazakh – German University (Actuelle Stunde – International Relations faculty), lecturer
- 1998 – 2004 “Panorama” newspaper reporter
- 1998-2004 – some Kazakhstan and foreign Mass Media (Euromoney, “Republic” newspaper, “State book of Kazakhstan, Caspian, Argumenti i fakti (Arguments and facts) and etc., freelance reporter
Graduated from Abay Kazakh National Pedagogical University in 2007 specializing in philology and linguistics. Editor-in-chief of Russian version of factcheck.kz since 2017. Previous positions include:
- 2015-2017. Radiotochka.kz. Content-engineer, analyst.
- 2012-2013. Reporter, columnist and content-manager in the Alau magazine.
- 2011-2012. Editor-in-chief of the IT-magazine “.KZ”.
- 2006-2011. Editor, and then deputy editor-in-chief in the Kazakhstan editions of Men`s Health and Vokrug Sveta.
- 2005-2006. Editor and content-manager of the Apollinarius literary issue and book series.
Completed fact-checking and media literacy workshop for trainers supported by the British Embassies in Astana and Bishkek. Leads trainings in fact-checking and media literacy for media and news outlets in Central Asia. Also the curator of the Polyphony international literary festival and the leader of the poetry seminar at the Open Literary School of Almaty.
Editor of Kazakh version of the project. Currently studying towards BSc degree in journalism in Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. Wrote for Kazakhstani newspapers and magazines – “Turkestan”, “Ulan”, “Zhas Alash”, “Adilet”, “Almaty Akshami”, “Ak Zherken”, “Akikat” on society, law and political issues. Since 2015 works as a staff manager in International Center for Journalism “MediaNet”. Winner of international writing contest “Zhaukazin” and Presidential scholarship in journalism from the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy. Co-author of several books – “Ak zhelkenin ulandari”, “Zhaukazin zhilda guldeydi”, “Talpanis tinisi”. Since 2017 – staff journalist at factcheck.kz.
Editor-in-chief of “Ulan” newspaper and media trainer. Previous positions include:
- 2000-2002 гг. – “Turkestan” newspaper, reporter
- 2002-2008 гг. – “Zhas Alash” newspaper, reporter, executive secretary, deputy editor-in-chief
- 2008 г. – “Kazakhstan” TV channel, part-time reporter2008-2010 гг. – “Alka” magazine, editor-in-chief 2010-2012 гг. – “Olke” publishing house, editor
PhD, Senior teacher of Journalism and Politology faculties ENU after L. N. Gumilev. Researches the issues of networks information security in Kazakhstan. Host and editor of programme “Online” on Kazakh Radio, author of the Internet projects such as catalogue of the website sanaq.kz editor of arular.kz and el.kz.
Journalist. Uses pseudonim since the work policy of the news outlet where she works doesn‟t allow participating in other media projects.
Graduated from Kagaranda State University named after E.A. Buketov where she studied Russian philology. Published in “Toy”, “Kursiv”, today.kz as an Astana reporter. Since 2017 journalist at factcheck.kz.
Graduated with distinction from the Kazakh State Academy of Management. Has more than 13 years of experience in finance and economy, including work in public authorities, commercial banks and the private companies. Regularly publishes articles in various financial media as expert. In 2015 has joined the Radiotochka.kz website as an economic observer. Later became a host of “Who owns Kazakhstan” column. Now works as an author of Factcheck.kz, Esquire.kz, Obk.kz, Zakon.kz.
MA degree in media management, Westminster University. Worked as a cultural editor in “Karavan”, in PR department of Communicative Management Agency “Renaissance” and as a senior specialist in the financial sector of the Information Technology Department (Kazakhstan). Other positions include editing at “Mini” magazine and “KultAlmaty”. Since 2017 journalist at factcheck.kz
Graduated from Almaty Institute for International Journalism in 1998. Worked as a news reporter in “Radio Azattyk” (Radio Liberty), Internews Kazakhstan. Author of the TV program “100 nations of Kazakhstan”. Since 2017 works as a journalist at factcheck.kz
Graduate of Kyrgyz National University with specializiation in Economics and Government Management. Worked in marketing departments in various firms in Bishkek, Kyrgystan and Almaty, Kazakhstan. Since 2017 works as a manager in International Center for Journalism “MediaNet”
Alumni of DocDocDoc, photojournalism and documentary photography school, Saint- Petersburg, Russia. In 2013 – 2015 freelance journalist and photojournalist, since 2016 – staff manager in International Center for Journalism “MediaNet”, since 2017 staff journalist at factcheck.kz. Has certificates in fact-checking from Poynter Institute and in data journalism from Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas.
Studies History at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. Completed the journalism course at MediaSchool organized by International Center for Journalism “MediaNet”. Publishes at vlast.kz. Since 2017 journalist at factcheck.kz.
Studying BSc Journalism in Suleyman Demirel University, Almaty, Kazakhstan. Intern at several Kazakhstani media outlets – “Kazakh radio”, “Zhetisu”, “Kazakhstan” TV channels. Participant of media literacy and fact-checking trainings organized by International Center for Journalism “MediaNet”. Since 2017 journalist at factcheck.kz.